Doctrinal Statement of EFCI
1. Scriptures: We believe in the Scriptures, the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, inspired by God, free from error (inerrant) in the original manuscripts, the supreme revelation of God and final authority which brings salvation to humankind. (2 Tim. 3:16; Heb.4:12; 2 Pet. 1:20-21; 2 Sam. 23:2; Jer. 30:2)
2. Trinity: We believe in one true God, eternally existing in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit; the triune Godhead possessing equal attributes, power and glory. There is no other God besides Him. (Gen.1:26; 11:7; 2 Cor. 13:14; John 14:10)
3. God the Father: We believe in One God, immutable, creator of everything, infinitely perfect, omnipotent, and sovereign. (Mal.3:6; Jac. 1:17; Exod. 6:3, 6; Ps. 103:19; Jer. 32:17-19; Dan. 2:36-43; Col. 1:16; 1 Tim. 2:5)
4. God the Son: We believe in Jesus Christ, fully God and fully man, conceived by the Holy Spirit in the person of Virgin Mary and in His sinless life. We affirm His atoning death and bodily resurrection according to the Scriptures, in His ascension to the right hand of God, the Father, who is our high priest and mediator. (Isa. 7:14; Matt. 1:18; John 1:14, 18; 17:1-3; Mk.1:11; Heb.4:14-16; 10:10-18; 1 Pet. 1:18-19; 2:22, 24)
5. God the Holy Spirit: We believe in the Holy Spirit, who proceeds from both the Father and the Son; the author and prince of life. He glorifies Jesus Christ the Lord and convicts humankind of their sins and persuade their hearts to Christ. He helps the sinners in accepting the saving work of Christ to bear the fruits of righteousness. (John 4:24; 14:26-27; 1 Cor. 6:19; Gal. 5:22)
6. Humankind: We believe in the creation of humankind in the image of God; however, corrupted by their own will, lost and alienated from God who are in need of salvation. (Gen. 1:26-27; Rom. 3:23; 5:12; Isa. 53:6; Jer. 17: 9)
7. Salvation: We believe in the eternal salvation of sinners, through faith in Christ which is wholly a work of God’s free grace. (Acts. 2:38; 16:30-31; John 3:16; 2 Tim. 2:13; Rom. 5:10; Isa. 13, 16; 1 Pet. 2:5; John 5:24; 1 John 5:11-13)
8. Faith: We believe in Faith which is the work of the Holy Spirit given to individuals to accept Christ as their Savior and Lord. Faith is a personal conviction in the sacrificial life of Christ for the remission of Sin, resulting in personal salvation. (Eph. 2:8-9; John 3:16-18; Rom. 3:22-26; Heb 11:1)
9. Children of God: We believe that Children of God are saved and justified by the atoning blood of Jesus Christ. Only those who joyfully accept Christ will receive the sanctification of the Spirit and become the Children of God. (John 1:12; Rom. 3:24; 8:14-17; Gal 3:26)
10. Sacrament: We believe in the Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper which are ordinances instituted for the church. These ordinances are to be ministered to those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. (Mk 16:16; Rom. 6:4-5; Lk. 22:19-20; 1 Cor.11:23-26)
11. The Church: We believe in the true Church of Jesus Christ who are the children of God assembled as part of the body of Christ. Christ is the head of the church. (Matt. 16:17-18; Eph. 1:22-23; 2:20-22; 1 Cor. 1:1; 1 Tim.3:15)
12. The Second Coming: We believe in the second coming of Christ in two phases. (Zak.14:4; 1Thess. 3:13; 4:13-18; Acts.1:11; Lk. 21:25-27)
First Phase (Rapture): We believe in the coming of Jesus Christ in the cloud to gather (rapture) His saints.
Second Phase (Second Coming): We believe in the physical post rapture second coming of Jesus Christ with His saints on this earth to establish the millennial kingdom and reign over it.
13. Resurrection: We believe in the resurrection of the body of the dead. The believers in Christ will be resurrected with everlasting joy and bliss, and the unbelievers (wicked) will be resurrected for eternal judgment and damnation. (Dan. 12:2-3; John 5:25-29; 1 Cor. 15:35-54)